Initiative EASI Paris Région with the support of Sanofi
Paris Region has an extremely rich health ecosystem. Many stakeholders contribute to its influence and bring their energy to make it growth. Launched in 2016 with the support of Sanofi, Initiative EASI Paris Région wants to facilitate the health ecosystem stakeholders relationships, increase Paris region attractiveness and improve its international awareness. EASI acronym qualifies the Excellence of health ecosystem in all its aspects: Academic, Scientific and Industrial. Initiative EASI Paris Région brings together many stakeholders. Co-chaired by Sir Bertrand Pulman, Professor of Sociology at Sorbonne Paris Cité and at the École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales and Dr Philippe Tcheng, Vice-President of France Governemental Relations of Sanofi, a Committee of “Wise Men” choose to focus actions on three directions:
- to promote scientific culture to young people and give them a better understanding of health industry jobs opportunities;
- to set up cross-functional and multidisciplinary structures in Paris Region;
- patient journey in oncology: optimization and prospection.
Since its beginnings, EASI set up:
- Two meetings to share its vision and thinking with Paris region stakeholders: one in 2016 and another in 2018;
- Two conferences for young people as part of Savante Banlieue, a local science festival dedicated to Paris region high schoolers which takes place one time per year: one in 2017 and another in 2018;
- One conference in 2018 for young people with Universcience Partenaires, a French nonprofit organization which works to promote scientific culture to young people by creating bridges between commercial companies and museums;
- An international Summer School for high level scientifics (students, PhD, post-doc, searchers, startupers…) on microfluidics and its business opportunities : first edition in 2018.